Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the most common questions and their respective answers.
- How much does it cost to join Medicus?
- Medicus is a subscription service that costs $29.95/month for a family living under one roof. You can register right away with your debit or credit card here
- What is the Medicus Card?
- Medicus is dedicated to bringing high quality, value added health care products to our membership. Here are some of the highlights of the card:
- Prescription Drug Program
- 24/7 Phone Access
- Laboratory & Diagnostic testing
- Are there any restrictions because of age or current medical conditions?
- There are no restrictions on access to discounts due to age or any health conditions you may have. However, services already completed or in progress before you join are not discounted.
- Can anyone in my immediate family use my ID card?
- If you apply in the family program, immediate family members residing in your household can use your Medicus membership card. You will be asked to provide application information for your immediate family members when you sign up.
- Will this membership keep my medical information private?
- The Medicus card has no access to private medical information. Only the providers have that information.
- What is the refund/cancellation policy?
- If you are unsatisfied and do not use the service with Medicus, then you can cancel your membership at anytime. We have a 30 day money back policy if the service is NOT used. Within the first 30 days of your membership you may return your member ID cards to the address shown in your membership kit and receive a full refund of your membership fee. The one-time processing fee is non-refundable, except in those states where refund provisions are specified by state law. If you cancel after the first 30 days, your membership will end at the end of the period for which you have already paid and you will not be billed further Cancellation You may cancel your Medicus membership at any time.
- Do I have to pay at the time of service?
- Yes, you must pay the pharmacy once you've received your prescription. Participating providers have an agreement that they will not bill the member for the difference between their usual fee and the reduced fee.
- How is pricing for prescription drugs determined?
- The Medicus card prescription drug program provides savings on both generic and name brand prescriptions. It allows for unlimited use by the member and his / her family. Prescription drug costs vary by provider due to differences in both retail and wholesale prices for their products. When the pharmacy's usual and customary charge (retail price) is lower than the Medicus card discounted price, members will pay the lower price. Click Here for a Pharmacy Search.
- What if a provider doesn't accept my card?
- If a provider does not accept the card, contact Member Services at the toll-free number in your Medicus fulfillment kit and the representative will help you.